There are a lot of Star Wars movies (and now TV shows, too!) available for fans like us to stream to our heart’s content. One effect of all these great movies and shows is that it’s hard to keep track of when they all came out. One question that people ask a lot is, “When was the Star Wars: The Phantom Menace release date?” Well, I’m here to give you that answer right now!
Star Wars: The Phantom Menace Release Date
The original Star Wars trilogy of movies came out, starting back in the 1970’s.
This includes the following OG Star Wars films, along with their original theatrical release dates for movie theaters:
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (May 25, 1977)
- Star Wars V: The Empire Strikes Back (May 21, 1980)
- Stars VI: Return of the Jedi (May 25, 1983)
After that, we got the prequels, which came out in the 2000’s.
This includes the following prequel Star Wars movies, along with their original theatrical release dates for people to watch in movie theatres:
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (May 19, 1999)
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones (May 16, 2002)
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (May 19, 2005)
Finally, we have the sequels for the Star Wars Skywalker saga
This includes the following sequels for the Star Wars films, including their original theatrical release dates for when they came out in movie theaters:
- Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (December 18, 2015)
- Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (December 15, 2017)
- Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker (December 20, 2019)
So, there you have it! That’s all the movies and release dates for the Star Wars franchise films so far, in the order in which they were released into movie theatres here in the US and around the world.
When was the Star Wars: The Phantom Menace release date? May 19th, 1999. Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace came out on May 19, 1999.
Hope that helps to answer your Star Wars release date questions!
Have a magical day!
Share this post on your Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest page with the easy share icons below.
Neal Tucker is one of the world’s most engaging Disney influencers, with thousands of views and responses across his blog, podcast, and social media profiles every month.
Get started with more D Is For Disney content here