Disneyland is known as the happiest and most magical place on earth, and its must-visit Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique adds the magical touches. There comes a point in a child’s life where he or she dreams of becoming a royalty. The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique makes that dream come true.
What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear “Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique?” Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo. This is the exact line the Fairy Godmother said when she gave Cinderella the gift of a lifetime – a makeover fit for royalty. The same magic goes for the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.
Perfect for kids who dream of becoming a princess or a knight, the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique gives them a one-of-a-kind experience that makes their royalty dreams a reality.
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique: Disneyland Must-Visit for Little Royalty
A visit to Disneyland is not complete without seeing children dressed as princesses and knights. I find this as one of the things that make the place so magical. Their dreams of becoming royalty radiate through their wonderful costumes and wide smiles. The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique grooms them for royal readiness which makes it a must-visit for little royalty aspirants.
In this article, we will let you in on all the magic that happens in the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique in Disneyland in Anaheim, California.
Just to let you know, aside from the one in Disneyland in California, kids can also try this experience in Walt Disney World in Florida, Disney Cruise Line, Tokyo Disneyland, Hong Kong Disneyland, and Shanghai Disneyland.
What Is the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique?
You may know by now what the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is in a nutshell. However, this may have you wondering how it makes children’s dreams come true.
Owned by the Fairy Godmother, the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique serves as a venue for little girls and boys for royalty transformation. With the help of Fairy Godmothers-in-Training and sometimes Coachmen, kids will have an ultimate makeover experience that will turn them into the princesses and knights they dream to be.
If you have come across a little princess all made up with a matching sash, chances are, she has visited the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. The number of dolled up princesses you see in the park will let you know how popular this destination is.
The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Experience
The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is so popular among kids because it is one of the most magical parts of Disneyland. This is because it gives kids the chance to truly transform. Located in Sleeping Beauty’s Castle in Fantasyland, BBB, as it is fondly called, gives kids a royalty experience they will forever cherish.
In fact, a lot of parents and guardians have documented their royalty memories. Take a look at these magical moments shared on social media.
Even the daughter of the famous singer Pink has her own Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Experience.
5 Things You Should Know About Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
It is important that you know these facts about the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.
- The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique offers a complete makeover experience which covers hair, makeup, nail polish, and matching accessories. Depending on your package, you have the option to choose your kid’s princess or knight outfit.
- It serves royalty-in-training who are 3 to 12 years old. They do not accept guests that are over 12 years of age.
- Royal guests must be accompanied with a parent or a guardian who is at least 18 years old.
- You need a reservation as early as 60 days prior to the appointment. This is due to the huge volume of little ladies and lads who want to try this experience.
- You get a front-row seat to your kid’s royal transformation. Isn’t this the best part? You see your little one transform right before your eyes!
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Packages and Rates
You can find packages that vary in makeover features. The prices can be as affordable as less than fifty bucks or can go up to more than a hundred. When choosing a package, consider your budget and the type of service you want to get your child.
These prices are current as of 2020 at the Disneyland location. Make sure to check the local, updating pricing when you plan your visit. [Source: Disney]
The Crown Package
For little girls, the Crown Package offers the most basic service.
- $74.95 plus tax
- Your princess will get hairstyling, makeup, face gems, nail polish, a princess sash and cinch bag.
- The sash says “Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique” but you can ask for a birthday sash for this special occasion.
- This option is best if you are on a budget.
- You may opt to bring your own costume if you already have one readily available at home.
The Carriage Package
The Carriage Package is similar to the Crown Package but with an additional freebie.
- $99.95 plus tax
- Your kid will enjoy services that include hairstyling, makeup, face gems, and nail polish.
- On top of that, she will get a princess sash, cinch sack, and a special Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique shirt.
The Courtyard Package
The Courtyard Package has all of the Crown Package inclusions with two freebies.
- $149.95 plus tax
- You get hairstyling, makeup, face gems, nail polish, a princess sash, cinch bag
- PLUS a Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique shirt
- And a trendty tutu
The Castle Package
The Castle Package is the option for you if your princess does not have an outfit yet.
- $199.95 plus tax
- Your princess will be given hairstyling, makeup, face gems, nail polish, a princess sash, and cinch bag.
- On top of that, she gets to choose a Disney Princess gown with coordinating accessories.
- Please note that shoes are sold separately.
- She will also have a keepsake portrait session with finished prints including one near Cinderella’s carriage.
The Deluxe Castle Package
The Deluxe Castle Package is an upgraded version of the Castle Package.
- $229.95 plus tax
- You get the basics such as hairstyling, makeup, face gems, nail polish, a princess sash, and cinch bag.
- This package gives your princess a choice to pick an outfit from the Deluxe Princess Costume Collection.
- It also comes with a pretty necklace and a boxed accessory set.
- Just like the Castle Package, she also gets a keepsake portrait session with print outs.
The Princess Signature Dress Collection
If you want to go all out, choose the Princess Signature Dress Collection.
- $450 plus tax
- You get all the basic services such as hairstyling, makeup, face gems, nail polish, a princess sash, and cinch bag.
- In addition to that, you can get the perfect outfit for your princess from their collection of high-quality and intricately designed Disney Princess gowns.
- The gowns from this collection are more detailed than those of the other packages.
- You will also get a crystal tiara with box and garment bag for the gown with a satin hanger.
The Disney “Frozen” Crown Package
A special offer for Frozen lovers, the Disney Frozen Crown Package lets your kid dress up as either Anna or Elsa.
- $119.95 plus tax
- It comes with an Anna or Elsa-inspired hair styling, sparkling snowflakes hair accessories, makeup, face gems, nail polish, a princess sash, and cinch bag.
- As a freebie, your Frozen princess will get an Olaf plushie to accompany her.
The Disney “Frozen” Package
The Disney Frozen Package has everything the Disney Frozen Crown Package comes with plus a costume.
- $179.95 plus tax
- This includes an Anna or Elsa-inspired hair styling, snowflake hair accessories, makeup, face gems, nail polish, a princess sash, cinch bag, and Olaf plushie.
- What makes it premium compared to the other offer is the Anna or Elsa dress of your preference.
The Knight Package
For the little boy who dreams of becoming a hero in shining armor, the Knight Package is the perfect choice.
- $19.95 plus tax
- He will get hairstyling with colorful gel and confetti.
- Plus, he will have a mighty sword and shield to complete his outfit.
The Deluxe Knight Package
The Deluxe Knight Package at is your choice if your little knight wants to dress up but does not have a costume.
- $79.95 plus tax
- This package provides the usual hairstyling with gel, mighty sword, and shield.
- It also comes with a Knight costume to complete the look.
The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Royal Transformation
To completely transform into character, aspiring royals go through a makeover process. This makeover is often described as magical that sparks happy memories.
Do you want to know how this transformation takes place? Here is a guide to the magical process. It may take 30 minutes or up to an hour depending on the package chosen.
It all begins with the right outfit. If your little royal already came in costume, he or she will skip this step and proceed to the next one. For those who availed of packages with costumes, you will be brought to The Enchanted Chamber Store. Feast your eyes on the wide array of outfits for royalty – beautiful Princess dresses and dashing Knight costumes.
Picking and trying on an outfit is a breeze because a Fairy Godmother-in-Training will be around to assist. She will also assist in getting the right size for your little one. If you feel that your child is taller than the usual or would require a bigger size, inform the assigned Fairy Godmother-in-Training so she may prepare as bigger sizes may be limited.
After the outfit has been chosen, you and your royal will be brought to the boutique to continue the makeover. The assigned Fairy Godmother-in-Training will put a cape around the princess or knight-in-the-making to prevent the outfit from getting dirty. The next step would be the hair.
Princesses may choose from these hairstyles:
- Fairytale Princess – The princess’s hair will be put in a regal bun topped with a shiny tiara and Mickey-shaped barette.
- Disney Diva – A more modern take on how a princess should wear her hair, this hairstyle will add hair extensions, Mickey hair pins, and glitter.
- Color Star – This hairstyle gives your princess a pop of color in her hair by adding colorful hair streaks and twisting it.
Knights will have colorful gel to help style their hair based on their preference. After getting their hair styled, they will proceed to the finishing touches step.
Makeup, Face Gems, and Nail Polish
Once the princess’ hair is in place, she will then have her makeup session. The princess has a say on the colors of the makeup applied on her face. The colorful makeup has glitters to bring sparkle to her lovely face. There are also face gems to add to the magical effect.
Nail polish will also be applied for the perfect pampering experience. The princess can choose between pink and blue glitter nail polish.
What is a transformation without the finishing touches? The Fairy Godmother-in-Training will sprinkle glitter on the princess for the perfect sparkling finish. Knights will get dragon scale confetti to boost their bravery so they may be ready for the day.
The last part is where the ultimate magic happens. This is the most crucial step so make sure you have prepared yourself and your camera to capture this special moment. Once the princess or knight has completed the makeover, the revelation will take place. They will see themselves, now fully made up, for the first time since the start of the makeover. Smiles and awes will surely fill the place.
How to Make a Reservation
The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is always brimming with princesses and knights so booking a reservation is a must. To ensure a spot in this must-visit boutique, book a reservation the soonest. The earliest time you can do this is 60 days before the actual date.
For your booking, you need a valid credit card. Always be prepared so that you may book right away when you find the schedule that you want. Take note that you need admission to Disneyland Park to enter the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.
The boutique is open the entire day but the last session may be at 6 PM. Packages with keepsakes may also not be available 4 PM onwards. The best time to have the makeover is in the morning so there will be more time to explore Disneyland in character. Also note that the boutique may also close for firework performances but will open 20 to 30 minutes after.
You have to pay a cancellation fee of $10 if you don’t show up or if you cancel the booking within 24 hours of the scheduled appointment.
Things to Remember for Your Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Appointment
- Be on time! Because a lot of princesses and knights are waiting for their transformation, it is your responsibility be there at least five minutes before your schedule. Your booking will be cancelled should you turn up late.
- Keep the little royal’s hair clean and brushed to make hairstyling easier. Bring your own brush or comb to be used by the Fairy Godmother-in-Training.
- Make sure that fingernails are clean with no nail polish.
- An accompanying adult who’s at least 18 years old is important for the makeover to take place.
Why You Should Consider Visiting the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
A glamorous transformation will take place.
Your little one will enjoy the glamorous makeover that will make him or her feel like a knight or a princess. From the outfit to the hair and makeup, each aspect is done beautifully to ensure the perfect magical transformation. Your child will come out of the boutique as a beautiful princess or a dashing knight.
The pampering will make them feel like royalty.
The Fairy Godmother-in-Trainings and Coachmen always ensure that the royalty-in-the-making is pampered and well-taken care of. Expect your child to be handled with care like a real princess and knight. Even while being prepped, they will already feel like royalty.
The royal experience does not end there.
The royal experience does not end after the transformation has taken place. Even after dressing up and when they go out and explore the park, they will receive special treatment from the staff and characters.
It is a wonderful experience that will last a lifetime.
The transformation may only take an hour or less and the Disneyland trip may only take a day, but the memories of being a royalty for day will definitely last forever! Your children will cherish this moment and remember it for the rest of their lives. More than anything, you will gain a happy memory that will forever be associated with Disneyland.
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Memories
The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is definitely a must-visit when you are in Disneyland, especially when you have royalty aspirants with you.
Its overall experience that includes a wonderful makeover and royalty transformation will be one for the books and something you and the kids will hold unto forever. Make your trip to Disneyland special by visiting the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique!
Share this post on your Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest page with the easy share icons below.
Neal Tucker is one of the world’s most engaging Disney influencers, with thousands of views and responses across his blog, podcast, and social media profiles every month.
Get started with more D Is For Disney content here