After months of waiting, we will finally get to go back into Disneyland’s California Adventure theme park. With one catch: no rides or attractions. Only shops and restaurants. For now. This is a great step in the right direction, because it means we get to actually go back into the parks and experience the magic again, if only on a smaller scale, at Buena Vista Street Disneyland. Read on for all the exciting details!
Buena Vista Street Disneyland Reopening
One thing is for sure: this is incredibly exciting.
Even without the ability to go to the different themed areas of Disneyland or California Adventure…
Here’s what we know so far:
- Currently, the Downtown Disney District and Stage 17 are reopen for shopping and dining.
- Buena Vista Street will reopen inside California Adventure.
- Shops will reopen along Buena Vista Street.
- Dining and restaurants will also reopen down Buena Vista Street.
- The rest of the theme park will currently remain closed until California lets Disneyland and other theme parks reopen fully (or with limited capacity). Read that whole story right here.
Where Is Buena Vista Street at Disneyland?
In case you aren’t familiar with the layout of the parks…
Buena Vista Street is actually located inside of California Adventure, which is across the open courtyard area from Disneyland.
In other words:
Buena Vista Street in California Adventure is just a few steps away!
Experience Buena Vista Street in the walkthrough video below.
What Shops and Restaurants Are Reopening at Buena Vista Street California Adventure?
Lots of great shops and restaurants will be reopening!
Here’s a list provided by the Disney Parks Blog:
- “Holiday shopping? Head to Elias & Co. The store is divided into distinct sections for men, women and children, so you’ll find something special for the entire family! At Julius Katz & Sons, peruse even more holiday merchandise and Disney-themed home décor. At Kingswell Camera Shop offers great gift-giving ideas like frames, photo albums and more. Buena Vista Street stores have a variety of your Disney favorites!
- If you are looking to tempt your taste buds with a snack, Trolley Treats offers classic candies, old-fashioned confections and all kinds of freshly made treats. Vending carts will offer popcorn, churros, ice cream and other “must-bite” treats.
- Swing by Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe for the enchanting sights and sounds of Buena Vista Street—and a cup of coffee or scrumptious artisan sandwich.
- Sit-down dining options include Carthay Circle Lounge, where you can unwind in our expanded outdoor seating area featuring an all-new menu of cocktails and dining. Smokejumpers Grill is serving up tasty American classics for lunch and dinner with a streamlined menu of burgers, fries, onion rings and craft beer, located just around the corner from Buena Vista Street. The primary way to place your order at this dining location is through mobile order on the Disneyland App.*”
The Disney Parks Blog also adds this little nugget at the end of their blog post about the Buena Vista Street Disneyland reopening:
We don’t know exactly what that means, but it sounds really, really exciting to me, because it implies that there might be even more coming!
What do you think about all this? Are you excited and ready to go? Will you be heading down to Buena Vista Street at Disneyland’s California Adventure ASAP?
Let me know in the comments or on Twitter.
Have a magical day!
More Reopening News!
Stage 17 Disneyland Reopening for Shopping at Downtown Disney District
Disneyland and California Theme Park Reopening Guidelines & Covid Tiers
Share this post on your Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest page with the easy share icons below.
Neal Tucker is one of the world’s most engaging Disney influencers, with thousands of views and responses across his blog, podcast, and social media profiles every month.
Get started with more D Is For Disney content here