The Walt Disney World theme parks has a whole host of incredible parks and water parks. But each park has its own set of height requirements, minimums, and restrictions for all of its rides. So, to make sure you and your entire family and kids have the best time possible, plan ahead! Follow along below to view ALL the minimum height requirements for EVERY SINGLE RIDE. This complete guide will give you a step-by-step, park-by-park breakdown of each roller coaster and theme park attraction. Ready to head to the Magic Kingdom at the Happiest Place on Earth? Then let’s go!
What Are Disney World Height Requirements?
To put it simply…
If someone does not meet that height restriction, they will not be allowed to ride.
Yes, this does apply to the popular rides and thrilling rides and everything else.
From Twilight Zone Tower of Terror to Slinky Dog Dash…
No matter what particular ride you’re interested in, you need to check the height minimums before getting in line.
Here are a few of the most commonly asked questions for the Walt Disney World roller coaster height requirements and attraction restrictions:
Why are Disney World height restrictions in place? This is primarily for safety reasons. In order to keep everyone safe on the rides, there are certain minimum heights for each one.
Do all rides have a height requirement? No! Not all rides have a minimum height requirement. AKA, some rides allow anyone to participate without being required to meet a certain height restriction. All those rides are also listed below.
How strict is Disney on height restrictions? Very. If an individual does not meet the necessary minimum height, then they will not be allowed to ride. Again, this is a safety precaution to protect park guests from getting injured.
Are some rides available for guests of all heights? Yes! Absolutely. There are tons of rides (all listed below!) that anyone can ride, regardless of height.
Do any rides have a height MAXIMUM? Yes, there are actually 3 rides where only riders that are SHORTER than a certain height can ride. They are ALL at the Disney World water parks and are listed below.
If your question is not mentioned above, just shoot me an email here and I’ll do my best to answer any question you have!
Disney World Rider Swap / Rider Switch
Here’s a quick guide to the rider switch service at Walt Disney World. It’s sometimes also called Rider Swap or Child Swap. But the official name is Rider Switch.
Rider Switch is available at many of the attractions in all 4 of the Walt Disney World Resort theme parks. This is mainly done by simply checking in with a Disney Cast Member.
How do you use Rider Swap at Walt Disney World? Follow along below for the direction from the official WDW website.
Please note: The instructions below are quoted straight from Disney World’s site as of 2021.
1. First check with a Cast member to see if Rider Switch is offered at the attraction in question.
2. Once at the attraction, approach the greeting Cast Member with your entire party. At least one adult member of your party and the Guests who are not riding will be issued a Ride Switch entitlement by the Cast Member and asked to wait in a designated area (usually outside of the attraction). This group is “Party 2.”
3. The other party members (“Party 1”) ride the attraction.
4. After riding the attraction, Party 1 locates Party 2. Then, Party 1 takes over supervision of the non-riding children or Guests.
5. Party 2 enters and boards the attraction without having to wait in the regular queue a second time. The Rider Switch entitlement must be validated by a Cast Member at this time.
If the person in Party 2 waited alone with the child, he or she may bring up to 2 other Guests back to ride the attraction with him or her. Please note that only 3 Guests are allowed per Rider Switch Pass.WDW
Disney World Height Requirements for Every Ride
See below for the full list and complete guide to every ride at Walt Disney World.
The heights are noted both in inches (“) and centimeters (cm). Example: Guests must be 35″ (89 cm) or taller.
Please note: The following information is pulled directly from the Walt Disney World official website, as of 2021. If you need to review further information, please see their site here.
Magic Kingdom Height Requirements
- Astro Orbiter – Any height
- The Barnstormer – Guests must be 35″ (89 cm) or taller
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad – Guests must be 40″ (102 cm) or taller
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin – Any height
- Casey Jr. Splash ‘N’ Soak Station – Any height
- Country Bear Jamboree – Any height
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant – Any height
- Enchanted Tales with Belle – Any height
- Frontierland Shootin’ Arcade – Any height
- The Hall of Presidents – Any height
- Haunted Mansion – Any height
- “it’s a small world” – Any height
- Jungle Cruise – Any height
- Liberty Square Riverboat – Any height
- Mad Tea Party – Any height
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin – Any height
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh – Any height
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic – Any height
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor – Any height
- Peter Pan’s Flight – Any height
- A Pirate’s Adventure ~ Treasures of the Seven Seas – Any height
- Pirates of the Caribbean – Any height
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel – Any height
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train – Guests must be 38″ (97 cm) or taller
- Space Mountain – Guests must be 44″ (113 cm) or taller
- Splash Mountain – Guests must be 40″ (102 cm) or taller
- Swiss Family Treehouse – Any height
- Tomorrowland Speedway – Guests must be 32″ (82 cm) or taller
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover – Any height
- Tom Sawyer Island – Any height
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid – Any height
- Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress – Any height
- Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room – Any height
- Walt Disney World Railroad – Any height
Epcot Height Requirements
- Advanced Training Lab – Any height
- The American Adventure – Any height
- Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival – Any height
- Frozen Ever After – Any height
- Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros – Any height
- Impressions de France – Any height
- Journey Into Imagination With Figment – Any height
- Living with the Land – Any height
- Mission: SPACE – Guests must be 40″ (102 cm) or taller
- O Canada! – Any height
- Reflections of China – Any height
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends – Any height
- Soarin’ Around the World – Guests must be 40″ (102 cm) or taller
- Spaceship Earth – Any height
- Test Track – Guests must be 40″ (102 cm) or taller
- Turtle Talk With Crush – Any height
Disney’s Hollywood Studios Height Requirements
- Alien Swirling Saucers – Guests must be 32″ (81 cm) or taller
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run – Guests must be 38″ (97 cm) or taller
- Muppet*Vision 3D – Any height
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith – Guests must be 48″ (122 cm) or taller
- Slinky Dog Dash – Guests must be 38″ (97 cm) or taller
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue – Guests must be 40″ (102 cm) or taller
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance – Guests must be 40″ (102 cm) or taller
- Toy Story Mania! – Any height
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ – Guests must be 40″ (102 cm) or taller
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Height Requirements
- Affection Section – Any height
- Avatar Flight of Passage – Guests must be 44″ (112 cm) or taller
- The Boneyard – Any height
- Conservation Station – Any height
- DINOSAUR – Guests must be 40″ (102 cm) or taller
- Discovery Island Trails – Any height
- Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain – Guests must be 44″ (113 cm) or taller
- Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail – Any height
- It’s Tough to be a Bug! – Any height
- Kali River Rapids – Guests must be 38″ (97 cm) or taller
- Kilimanjaro Safaris – Any height
- Maharajah Jungle Trek – Any height
- Na’vi River Journey – Any height
- Primeval Whirl – Guests must be 48″ (122 cm) or taller
- Tree of Life – Any height
- TriceraTop Spin – Any height
- Wildlife Express Train – Any height
Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park Height Requirements
- Bay Slides – Guests must be 60″ (152 cm) or shorter
- Castaway Creek – Any height
- Crush ‘n’ Gusher – Guests must be 48″ (122 cm) or taller
- Gangplank Falls – Any height
- Humunga Kowabunga – Guests must be 48″ (122 cm) or taller
- Keelhaul Falls – Any height
- Ketchakiddee Creek – Guests must be 48″ (122 cm) or shorter
- Mayday Falls – Any height
- Miss Adventure Falls – Any height
- Storm Slides – Any height
- Typhoon Lagoon Surf Pool – Any height
Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park Height Requirements
- Chairlift – Guests must be 32″ (82 cm) or taller
- Cross Country Creek – Any height
- Downhill Double Dipper – Guests must be 48″ (122 cm) or taller
- Melt-Away Bay – Any height
- Runoff Rapids – Any height
- Ski Patrol Training Camp – Any height
- Slush Gusher – Guests must be 48″ (122 cm) or taller
- Snow Stormers – Any height
- Summit Plummet – Guests must be 48″ (122 cm) or taller
- Teamboat Springs – Any height
- Tike’s Peak – Guests must be 48″ (122 cm) or shorter
- Toboggan Racers – Any height
Share this post on your Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest page with the easy share icons below.
Neal Tucker is one of the world’s most engaging Disney influencers, with thousands of views and responses across his blog, podcast, and social media profiles every month.
Get started with more D Is For Disney content here